In reflecting on my difficult journey to our baby, I've been asked - how did I get through it? If I had to sum it all up it would be:
My husband and his unconditional support and love
- My mom who was a rock to me throughout
- The daily prayers my Grandma did every day for three years for us An incredible fertility doctor who cared about me like I was her sister
- A vacation to get away for a little
- Having the financial resources to move on everything quickly and not have to wait
- A terrific surrogacy agency
- An incredible attorney
- An ANGEL of a surrogate and her family
- Taking it one step at a time
- Allowing myself to be emotional and breakdown but to TRY to not let it consume me
- Staying as positive as I could (that's where the one step at a time came into play. If I knew I was constantly taking steps, then I felt I was at least always trying to do something)
- Celebrating my friend’s when they got pregnant and attending/planning their baby showers (I figured it was good baby vibes even though they were VERY hard)
- My dad in heaven.
Field Fertility is a legal and consulting business. We represent Intended Parents, Surrogates, Egg Donors and Embryo Donors in the legal aspects of assisted reproduction. We’ve been in your shoes and are here for you. We do FREE consults.
If you have a Service, Story and/or Tip/Resource you would like up to blog about, please contact Emily at email@example.com